lundi 28 août 2017

Establishing an Order: Is Child Support Always Appropriate

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: NH

Is it always appropriate for the non-custodial parent to pay some amount of child support? Or, should they not have to if the custodial parent makes a lot more money than they do? Is the argument that both parents have the responsibility to financially support their children good enough? I don't know. I make a lot more than my ex and my initial gut reaction was to not ask for CS because of this. Now, I am by no means rich or anything (I make more, but I have a lot more expenses), and the CS would go a long way toward helping with expenses for the kids, but I get by fine without it. However, that is because I am very frugal and work hard to keep a budget, never spend money on myself and work a lot of hours. My ex is very irresponsible with money and while he doesn't make a lot to begin with, he also spends frivolously (eating out 4-5 times a week, Dunkin Donuts every day, taking the kids out every weekend). Everyone including my lawyer says that I should ask for CS because it is his responsibility and the money is for the kids not me. It's tough though, because I know that it will put him in an even tougher situation that he already is, but not asking for it also feels like enabling him to continue making bad choices and not being responsible which is part of the reason we aren't together anymore. I'm really torn. Any advice? Ask any questions if needed.

Thanks


Establishing an Order: Is Child Support Always Appropriate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire