lundi 28 août 2017

Rent and Utilities: If You Prepay Last Month's Rent but Rent Has Increased, Can a Landlord Charge More

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: NY

I paid last month's rent when we moved in. Rent has increased over the several years we've been here, and landlord didn't ask for additional last month's rent when rent was increased. Now I'll be leaving at end of Sep, and I know I don't need to pay that increase, because when you google it you find plenty of answers to that effect, e.g.:
"Unless you charge your tenant the difference in the last month’s rent at rent increase time, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to successfully collect it when the tenant moves out, according to the laws of most states."

My *question* is, does anyone have a citation for that rule (about increases as they apply to last month's rent), in NY state law? Specifically New York City if that matters.
Thanks!


Rent and Utilities: If You Prepay Last Month's Rent but Rent Has Increased, Can a Landlord Charge More

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire