mardi 29 août 2017

Initiation of Charges What Does It Mean when a Detective Swears in Charges

My question involves criminal law for the state of: MI

Recently I was reading a police report where formal charges were initiated against me, but subsequently withdrawn after my defense lawyer said the prosecutors had reviewed the case. This completely confused me because I though prosecutors had the sole power to file charges, and the review process is something they do BEFORE charges get filed. The report stated that the detective had 'sworn in' charges with the magistrate. Does this mean the detective was somehow able to bypass the prosecutors authorization process and go through a magistrate instead?


Initiation of Charges What Does It Mean when a Detective Swears in Charges

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire