jeudi 31 août 2017

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: First Time, Last Time Offender. Wondering About the Process in Mississippi

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Mississippi

Got busted trying to steal about 60 or so dollars of groceries. Have a part time job with a small team of people, hard to get in full time unless someone dies or retires. So, hurting for money. Been trying to get full time in other places, but options are somewhat limited where I live. Got an exam date for a postal job just one day before the arrest. Guess that's screwed now... "Successfully" stole groceries several other times before being caught. Was wondering if they'll (Walmart), bring that up at court, too. Figuring the answer is, "yes".

Anyway, the thing that got me busted was a modem I stole from another Walmart the day before, I think. Still have it. Stole it so I could have an internet connection to do the first exam for the postal job, online obviously. Internet was down and I had a strict deadline by which to finish the exam. Couldn't trust Comcast to get it fixed in time, so took matters into my own hands. Stupid, I know. Police and loss prevention were waiting on me at the Walmart where I regularly went to filch groceries. Got cuffed, taken to the jail, photographed but never fingerprinted, got recognizance bond a few hours later to the tune of $225. Admitted to LP everything I had done. Figured there was no point in lying. Ashamed enough already as is.

Long story not too much more short: The only non-food thing I stole was the modem. Mom's an alcoholic so I've never taken a drink in my life. Too risky. Don't like being altered, so I've never taken any kind of drug that's not aspirin or aleve other than some god-awful pain killer thing I had after a surgery once. So, it's not as if I'm out there lifting electronics so I can go out and score some dope. This is my first time offense for anything, and I intend for it to be my last. Was wondering if anyone had any advice besides "Don't steal shit, stupid."

-Thanks


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: First Time, Last Time Offender. Wondering About the Process in Mississippi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire