lundi 28 août 2017

Civil Rights Restoration: Denied a Concealed Firearms License Over a Possible Domestic Violence Misdemeanor

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Georgia

Hello,

I applied for my WCL in the state of Georgia, and i was denied for the history pulled indicating a Battery (Misdemeanor), Disposition: Informal Probation; Additional Information: "Need final disposition and police report, possible domestic violence.

I do not recall this event. I was 17 years old when it apparently happened. I was never placed, to my knowledge, on "informal probation" for this event or went to court. (I was on information probation for misdemeanor possession of marijuana which I completed as a minor).

The denial letter is initialed by the judge indicating that "the applicants criminal history information is incomplete' therefor the court cannot determine whether the applicant has met all the qualifications required under Georgia Law and the Applicas is inlegible to receive a weapons carry license pursuant to the following provision(s) of law: ....Any person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence."

The only thing i can think of is that my father is extremely bipolar and the cops have been called multiple times in my teen years for verbal abuse reasons, and I'm not sure if my father accused me of violence towards him in one of these events. He always because extremely deluded and manic in his fits of rage. He has a history of domestic violence, abuse and resisting arrest. He and I had the same first and last name - is it possible his records where pulled? I have since changed my last name as an adult.


Is it possible to appeal this case to the court in Georgia? I have a federal background check i received this year when applying for a passport and it does NOT show this charge of battery. I am now successful and manage my in-law's family retail business, married, and hold a clean record for the last 5+ years as an adult (i'm 24 now). I don't drink, smoke or do any drugs and It's really a shocker to see that my background has this life effecting flaw.

Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.


Civil Rights Restoration: Denied a Concealed Firearms License Over a Possible Domestic Violence Misdemeanor

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire