samedi 16 février 2019

Terminating Parental Rights - Father in Prison, Living in Different States

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Illinois

y son is 10. I was in a relationship with his dad for two years. Since that time his dad has been in prison 3 years, drug charge. Now on trial for first degree murder. (Yes I made a mistake with the father, but I got my son out of it, a blessing.) I have provided 100% financial and emotional support for 7 years. Never received a dollar in child support. I now live in Colorado. I moved away when his dad was in prison (after consulting an attorney) for a promotion. Son's dad lives in/in jail in Illinois and son was born in Illinois. His dad never attempted contact after he got out of prison the first time (from ages 4-7). I am now engaged. My fiancee wants to adopt my son after we marry in 2020 and I want to petition for dad to lose his parental rights. Since I live in CO and son's dad is in jail I IL, how would this be possible? Thank you.


Terminating Parental Rights - Father in Prison, Living in Different States

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire