lundi 25 février 2019

Contractors and Subcontractors: I Would Like to Get Out of Possible Construction/Roofing Contract Hours After Signing

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Virginia

I was offered a "free estimate" from a contracting company while I was shopping in a warehouse store. I accepted it because my roof needs work. The estimate was done today and when I told the rep I couldn't afford that price, he offered me financing. He said he needed to check my credit score and asked me to send a copy of my W2. In the meantime, he gave me what he called an "application" for financing to fill out, which I did. Then he had me sign and initial several things.

Well, one of my aunts is visiting me and while this was going on, she called someone, who called someone, who called someone, etc. etc., culminating in my mother calling me freaking out and saying that I shouldn't have signed anything at all because they could have slipped in something that will put me on the hook. So I looked up if there was a way to cancel this "application" or whatever is was and I came across a Virginia law called "Cancellation of sale" that states that I have the right to cancel a signed contract. I just wanted to see if this was accurate or if there was some loophole they could exploit.

If I'm stuck, what kind of penalty would I receive if I cancelled anyway?

Thanks in advance.


Contractors and Subcontractors: I Would Like to Get Out of Possible Construction/Roofing Contract Hours After Signing

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire