mardi 26 février 2019

Speeding Tickets: Speeding Ticket in Pennsylvania, Accutrac

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Pennsylvania

I got a ticket this morning where the cop said I was going 46 in a 25. This surprised me, because the road before a small straight part if windy and I stopped and went slow to look at the creek. After the bend, I can see maybe I was going 35, but not 46, especially when I was getting ready to make another turn.

The cop used Accutrak. My issue is this. On the ticket, for miles timed, it says .027. Pennsylvania Code Law 3368 says "Speedmeters authorized - The rate of any vehicle must be timed on any highway by a police officer using a motor vehicle equipped with a speedometer. In ascertaining the speed of a vehicle by the use of a speedometer, the speed shall be timed for a distance of not less than three-tenths of a mile."

So my question is this. If the cop only had miles timed of .027, and it says the speed has to be timed for a least 3/10 of mile, would I win this case? Did this cop have a quick trigger since Accutrak, from what I am read, is like a stopwatch? Looking for any help as I know little about this. Thank you. Don't want 4 points and a $200 fine.


Speeding Tickets: Speeding Ticket in Pennsylvania, Accutrac

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire