jeudi 28 février 2019

Determination of Fault: Unusual Accident - Need Suggestions

Hi Everyone,
I had a accident in MA during peak traffic time yesterday morning and we just exchanged insurance without calling police.
I tried to turn left from main street to a side street when the first three cars (turning lights were off) in the other direction let me turn. Unfortunately, another car did not stop in line but quickly passing on the right of those three cars and hit my front bumper. The insurance company (both has the same company) determined its my 100% responsibility for this accident after I provided more information.
The pictures are shared in this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...HA?usp=sharing

The main street has one lane in each direction (I was confirmed by the traffic department of the city). The key question is whether she has right-of-way during that time.

According to MA Driver's Manual or https://malegislature.gov/Laws/Gener...er89/Section2:
Passing on the right is only allowed in certain circumstances. It can only be done when the road is clear and is wide enough for two or more lines of motor vehicles. You can pass on the right in the following circumstances:
• The vehicle you are passing is making, or is about to make, a left turn.
• You are driving on a one-way street.
• You are driving on a road where traffic moves in one direction (such as a multiple lane highway)

I drove on this way almost everyday and never see such incident to me or others. I reviewed the my other dashcam videos on the same T-intersection, and found when the cars stopped to give permission, people just make left turn, no one stopped to see if any car comes towards by passing on the right. In my case, it is an coincidence the three cars all stopped near the double yellow line so there was space for another car passing through. They may intended to turn left in the front intersection or some of them may do not want to take risks to pass on right and would go straight after my turn. Obviously, all of them were not about to turn right to the side street in this case.

Based on the damcam, I can see she did change the direction a bit to the right and pass but you know, before I made left turn, I was not aware that she will rush into my car.
I believe such rush passing is dangerous if there is pedestrian walking across the main street because those three cars would block her view and her speed was relatively fast.
What is your opinion about my case? I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you everyone. Drive safe!


Determination of Fault: Unusual Accident - Need Suggestions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire