samedi 16 février 2019

Fences and Walls: Neighbor Deliberately Built New Fence on My Property

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Oregon

I live on flag lot.
My new neighbor tore down our fence along my driveway and built a fence 14” over onto my property. This fence is so close to my driveway that my side mirror hits the fence. They also piled dirt along the base of the fence and the pile of dirt overlaps onto my driveway.

When they had three posts in the ground, I told them to stop construction and provided a Plat Map identify the property line.
They got mad at me because I caught them playing their game.
Ignorant people tell me to purchase the services of a surveyor. However, I know how to use a compass. I used two compasses, the Cammenga Military Compass and Brunton TruArc7 and used both to verify each angle.
I have three methods to affirm the property line.
1) I used the Plat Map and used angles and distance and marked a spot on the new fence.
2) I measured the distance from the center of the driveway and marked a spot on the new fence.
Note these two marks were four inches of each other, I understand this is my deviation. But close enough to prove the fence is on my property.
3) There still is cement in the ground from the old posts, which my marks approximately line up with.

What is my recourse?
A) Do I get them to sign documentation stating the fence is not the property line and when they sell, all new buyers are bound to the original property line?
B) Do I file a civil case to have them relocate the fence?
C) Do I do what they did and relocate the fence myself without telling anyone?


Fences and Walls: Neighbor Deliberately Built New Fence on My Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire