lundi 18 février 2019

Tenant Sending Multiple Harassing Text Message; Tells Landlord to Commit Suicide

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Kansas

I am a landlord who rents two apartments to my ex of about 5 years; we broke up 11 months ago. They have a lease through the end of July 2019; it was an 2-year lease. They frequently (as recent as 3 weeks ago) send harassing texts and emails suggesting that I kill myself and offers ways that I should do it. I have bipolar depression and have had multiple suicide and self-harm events throughout the course of my life. My ex, of course, knows this about me; her messages are very upsetting to me.

If I didn't have a lease in place with her, I would just block her from being able to contact me. However, she sometimes needs to contact me for legitimate tenant issues. Is this kind of harassment grounds for lease termination? The hostility is related to our previous intimate relationship - not our landlord/tenant relationship.

Thanks in advance.


Tenant Sending Multiple Harassing Text Message; Tells Landlord to Commit Suicide

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire