dimanche 17 février 2019

Evicted 6 Years Ago, Do I Need to Disclose It

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: NY

Six years ago I was vacated an apartment and broke a lease due to my roommate moving out and not being able to afford it on my own. We never were sued to collect unpaid rent and never were given anything but the sheriff's notice on the door when I came back to pack my stuff and left. I am now living in CA and need to apply as a co-tenant with someone for an apartment. I won't be listed as the primary. The application asks if I've ever been evicted. Do I need to say yes due to vacating that apartment 6 years ago? Is there any way I can get away with not disclosing the information? I'm not sure the best way to handle the situation is.


Evicted 6 Years Ago, Do I Need to Disclose It

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire