mardi 19 février 2019

Agents and Brokers: Is There Anything I Can Do to Make This Right

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Florida

Hello everyone! I'm in need of some advice but it seems messy. Ok, my grandfather passed away back in 2008. He had married this woman after my biological grandmother passed away from cancer. He never left a will before he passed under questionable circumstances involving the woman he married. He had always told me when we visited that he wanted me to have 10 acres that he had and that the house they lived in with 8 acres as well when his wife was no longer living there or had passed. My grandpa only had one child, my father. Shortly before my grandpa passed away, his wife sold the 10 acres out from under him so that obviously aggravated the family but it didn't seem there was anything we could do. She had made the agreement (non-written) that when she passed the land and house on 8 acres was to go to me. There are numerous witnesses (both family/friends of family/non-family) that know this. Apparently in 2009 however she appointed a power of attorney. This POA is not a family member of ours or hers. About a month ago the POA sold the house and 10 acres to herself for $10 and the property is appraised at a little less than $25,000. Apparently it was said because the principal is in a nursing home that the POA presented her the idea that if she did not sell it that the state would claim it. She has not said anything to anyone about it, has tried keeping the principal in this case out of contact. The principal I learned has had a stroke and is bad shape from what I hear. I assume that she is mentally incapable of much at this point. My question with these details in mind is there anything I can do to make it where the land and house goes to either me or my dad to honor my grandpa's wishes? If I were to seek an attorney in this matter what type of attorney would be best to consult? Also, from reviewing the laws in place can she legally do this where she sells a deed to herself (not in the best interest of the principal) and for an amount that much less than actual value? Is there really anything I can do in this situation? I hope this was presented to the right topic and place here in this forum. Thank you for any help.


Agents and Brokers: Is There Anything I Can Do to Make This Right

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire