lundi 25 février 2019

Repair and Maintenance: How Quickly Must One Repair Damage from Wind

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Ohio

Ohio.

We had strong windstorms yesterday. My electricity went out at 1:00 and the power wasn't restored until 10:45 a.m. this morning--the longest I've been without power since I've lived here over 38 years.

Meanwhile a mobile home (on 20+ acres) that I inherited from my late father, located about 15 miles from me, that I rent out, had a utility pole next to the mobile home that came down at about 9:30 p.m. last night. The tenant informed me this morning at 10:00 a.m. and that he & his family went to a hotel. (As a side note, he said they would have went to her parents house, about 30 miles away, but their electricity was also out).

I immediately called an electrician who had worked on the property before, and left several messages. Then I drove out to see the property. Came back home and left another message, then called another electrician (kind of pricey), talked to AEP-Ohio, and called a third electrician they had suggested (left another message).

The tenant is now talking about "deducting the cost of the hotel bills" from the next rental payment.

Am I responsible?

(Incidentally, the news reports say that thousands are still without electricity).


Repair and Maintenance: How Quickly Must One Repair Damage from Wind

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire