samedi 23 février 2019

Craigslist Counterfeit Item Sale

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California

Hello All,

Long story but I'll do my best to make it short. About two weeks ago I was placing and replying to craigslist ads for wholesale items that I resell on ebay and amazon. I contacted a seller who we'll name Scammer 1, he replied and answered some questions to sell me some vitamins that are extremely hot right now and moving quickly after negotiating we decided on a price equating to $1250 total. We decided on a meeting place where scammer 1 was going to have his business partner scammer 2 bring the product. Scammer 1 was very professional nice and well dressed, scammer 2 walked up in tattered clothes and was generally unprofessional. He had forgotten some of the product and left me with only $1150 worth of product. While scammer 2 was bringing some of the product i was immediately suspicious that the product was counterfeit but I was convinced with very very close packaging and an invoice from the company.

Fast forward a week and I had determined through the company and my products being removed from ebay that the items are counterfeit. I contact my main point of contact scammer 1, who tries to contact scammer 2 about the product. Scammer 2 does not reply, but scammer 1 continues to converse with me and declares constantly that he had no idea and had been selling this product, as well as some of his family had been taking the product.

During the transaction, scammer 1 signed an invoice stating what was paid and accepted my cash. I then find out that scammer 1 was only paid $200 of the $1150 and scammer 2 took the remaining as he was the one who ordered the product. Scammer 2 has not replied and I have filed a police report. At this point, do I have any case in small claims to getting my money from scammer 1? Scammer 2's name was on the original invoice to the company but I highly doubt that it is his real name, and I'm unsure of how to track him down.


Craigslist Counterfeit Item Sale

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire