dimanche 17 février 2019

Disputing Debts: Debt Paid but Now Trying to Collect

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Indiana

I posted a similar question but not getting many answers. In 2014 and 2015 we hired a company to help us pay off our credit card debts. Last week a debt collection company sent me notice that they had purchased 2 of those accounts and now want me to pay them AGAIN. We paid them off and even took a BIG tax hit on the amount we settled on and paid off. It was counted as income.


I contacted the company we used ClearONe Advantage and Global Client SOlutions and they tell me that they can not help me and that they do not have any records of what debts we settled and paid off thru them. Unfortunately, we recently moved and I have no idea where my records are. I don't understand why this company does not and did not keep these records? Isn't there some law that they should have?

Thanks.


Disputing Debts: Debt Paid but Now Trying to Collect

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire