dimanche 17 février 2019

Job Benefits Not Being Compensated for Hours Worked

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Indiana

I was working for a lady selling LuLaRoe clothing out of her home. She was compensating me with $15 an hour which I then had to use to purchase clothing. This worked well for over a year. We signed nothing, it was just a verbal contract.


I am up to my eyeballs in clothes and asked her if I could take money this year in lieu of clothing. She now has 2 other employees that she pays in cash. She did not want to pay me in cash so she terminated our agreement. I am assuming that she did not want such a huge cash flow for employees or is flying under some tax radar for having employees without being a corporation. Which is fine, but I have over $1100 in credit from hours worked last year that I did not receive clothing for. She does now not want to pay me cash for these hours NOR let use it for me to purchase clothing (it could take me over a year to purchase that much).


What can I do, if anything, to get her to either pay me in cash for what credit I am owed or use it to purchase clothing as was our verbal agreement in 2017?

Thanks.


Job Benefits Not Being Compensated for Hours Worked

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire