jeudi 21 février 2019

Repair and Maintenance: Tenant Claims Bedbugs After 6 Mos of Occupancy, Who's Responsible

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Maryland, Baltimore County

So I was heading yesterday to my rental property to replace a bad fridge. The tenant messaged me that morning indicating that for a while now she's been getting bite marks on her and last night she felt something crawling on her and caught it. She said she googled it and she thinks its a bedbug. She then said she called terminix and it's going to be a free estimate.

She has been there since September and this is the first I've heard of this.

Also, she said it was a bed bug. I'm not sure how she knows this, it could be anything. I'm assuming it's likely a bedbug. I was told though that bed bugs are too small to handle or notice. That it's likely a flea.

I lived there for several months before she moved in and I was never bitten by anything. The home was unfurnished during that time. The carpet was changed as well.

Upon delivering the fridge, her husband mentioned it again while I was getting finished. I asked him when did this all start and he said a few weeks ago. I told him that bed bugs can come from anywhere (i.e. city buses, hotels etc).

My question is who's responsible for this in this case. I told her to let me know what the terminix guy says. She said he's coming in on thursday.


Repair and Maintenance: Tenant Claims Bedbugs After 6 Mos of Occupancy, Who's Responsible

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire