mercredi 20 février 2019

Modification of Custody: Making Changes to a Custody Order, One by One or All Together

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: VA

When my ex and I went through court-ordered mediation we agreed on a custody order and certain arrangements. We left a lot of things open and agreed we would just work with each other. We were not on bad terms. All that changed when his new gf got involved and it took a turn for the really bad. He now hasnt seen or spoken to his daughter since July. I requested multiple times from him to either meet or for him to send me notarized paper that I can get passports for my daughter as we would like to travel this summer to visit my family in europe. He did not reply to my two emails about this. So I know i have to take him to court for that. I found out yesterday that I cannot just request the passport but we have to make a change to the custody order that I can get her passport and travel. Not so much of a problem but here is my question.

When I go to court today to get a hearing for the change in the custody agreement that I can get her passports and travel with her, should I also add all the other things I want to change in the agreement as well? If time wasn't such a problem I would do it. But I was hooping to be able to get the passports some time in april and have them expedited so everything is set to travel in July.

Or should I for now just make the passport/ travel change and go back to court after the vacation to make all the other changes.

I really want to visit my family this year, I have not seen them in almost 7 years and my daughter never actually seen them and now that she is in school we can only travel for more than one week during summer break.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
I


Modification of Custody: Making Changes to a Custody Order, One by One or All Together

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire