mercredi 27 février 2019

Ip Clause in Employment Contract

I am about to sign a contract of employment with a Uk company based in my own country.
My job requires me to create IP works and assets involving existing IP that is owned by said company.
However, before I sign the contract, there's an employment clause that I am unsure of how to interpret so I would like to ask experts in this forum about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

12) Intellectual Property:
If you, either alone or in conjunction with any other person create, invent, devise, develop or originate any design (whether registrable or not), work or other Intellectual Property in which any Intellectual Property Right may subsist, you shall immediately disclose the same to the company. You also hereby confirm that, all such Intellectual Property therein will be owned by the Company. Insofar as any Intellectual Property Rights in such Intellectual Property become vested in you, and for greater certainty, you hereby unconditionally irrevocably assign to the Company the copyright and all other Intellectual Property Rights for the full term in which such rights exist or are capable of existing throughout the world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My concern is this:
Does any original IP created by me during my employment period belongs to the company, even outside of working hours? Or it only applies to existing IPs that do or do not belongs to the company?
I asked the HR about it and her reply was any and all IPs. But from what I read, it doesn't seem like that is the case.


Ip Clause in Employment Contract

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire