dimanche 22 avril 2018

Chapter 7: What Can We Do with Our Bankruptcy

My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: Indiana

Hi, I had a few questions but first the background. My husband came to me about 3 weeks ago and admitted that he had been hiding several maxed out credit cards and loans from me. Lets not even get into how mad I am at him and frustrated with the situation. I am preparing to finish nursing school in December with minimal student loans as I have been paying my way through at a community college, I am meeting for mediation on May 17th to settle a case from nearly 5 years ago on a car accident that required me to have orthopedic surgery, and I also have one of our childrens college accounts in my name. He had our other childs college account, but cleaned it out. I am using our tax return to restart our daughters college account. I am concerned with protecting my settlement, my childrens college accounts, our house which is in his name and anything else I should be aware of. The kids college accounts are in savings accounts and both will be in my name, but we also have access to each others savings accounts, if that makes sense. I am hoping to move them into something more productive this summer, but my lack of knowledge about finances is really holding me back.
So the questions, should he file for bankruptcy before my mediation?
Will the kids savings accounts be safe if they are in my name, but his checking is linked to them?
Will our house be safe?
Can he absorb some of my credit card debt, there's not a lot, before he sees the lawyer?
This question is just to settle a disagreement between me and my husband, can the lawyer advise him to absorb some of my debt?
Is there any way this will affect my credit score?
Anything else I should know or advise?

Anything is greatly appreciated, thanks!


Chapter 7: What Can We Do with Our Bankruptcy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire