jeudi 26 avril 2018

Disestablishing Paternity: Adult Changing Birth Certificate

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Minnesota

I am an adult and married. Recently I found my biological father. He is willing to help me put his name on my birth certificate.

When I was a baby, my mom had her husband (my Stepfather) adopt me so his name is on my birth certificate as of now. He and I don't talk, and he told me he wants to have nothing to do with me.

My biological father never knew that my mom did not put him on my birth certificate because in 1974 you didn't have to. What would I need to do to get the ball rolling on this? Can I do this on my own or do I need an attorney to help?

Thanks in advance.


Disestablishing Paternity: Adult Changing Birth Certificate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire