mardi 24 avril 2018

Probation and Parole: Second Violation of Probation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: MAssachusetts.
I was arrested last year for possession with class A . I was given a continued without a finding. They gave. Me 6 months unsupervised probation. I was supposed to call every day to see if I needed to go down to the court to take a drug test I missed two drug tests and the first time that I was supposed to report I never showed up so she sent a letter to my home I saying I had to go to court and that she was going to violate me. So I went to court I wasn't able to produce urine for her so she violated me and the judge gave me a choice of 30 days in jail or program I picked the program obviously and they put me in jail anyways.. 2 weeks into my jail sentence I was moved to minimum-security in which I went out to a drug program every day came back and spend my nights at the jail.
When I got out she gave me two more months onto my probation probably for the two months of missed tests) unsupervised still supposed to call every day. I got out March 7th.
March 27th I missed another drug test. And April 12th I was supposed to report. I called and left her a voicemail on the 10th I called her and asked if it was okay if I came in on the 11th instead of the 12th or the 13th because I had something to do. I left her my phone number and she has my home phone number. I asked her to call me and let me know if that was okay. Her voicemail when I call and it does say that if it's a probation or calling and. You can't come in on the day that you're supposed to report that you need to report within 24 hours after the meeting . She never called so I didn't show up. Again I gave her my cell phone number.
So I'm at my friend's house taking care of her kids cuz she broke her ankle and she's not supposed to be on it and it was spring break. My husband calls me up cops are looking for you he says.
Apparently my probation officer put out a warrant for my arrest.
She said She tried calling my husband's phone a couple times (my old number ) and he doesn't pick up numbers that aren't saved in his phone. Said she left a voicemail telling me I have to, report by a certain time last week. I never got the. Voicemail. My hub doesn't check his messages.
My question is if I called her and left her a voicemail telling her that I couldn't come in and asked me if I could come in the day before my appointment and she never called back is this a violation?
I gave her my cell phone number. She has my house phone number. Shouldn't she have called me on my cell or at least my house? I understand she called my husband a couple days after I missed my appointment and left me a voicemail telling me I had to come in, but I didn't get it. Because it's my husband's phone he didn't pick up cuz the number wasn't saved. It was my old phone number that she called. But I still gave her my new cell phone number on the answering machine when I told her I couldn't make it. And ask her if I could come in a day early.
Its going to be my second violation What kind of jail time am I looking at? I know that because I have a warrant I have to turn myself in at the courthouse. And I'm probably going to have to sit in jail until the court house has an appointment on the docket for me. But what am I looking at for jail time?


Probation and Parole: Second Violation of Probation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire