vendredi 27 avril 2018

Modification of Support: Private School and an Increase in Income

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: New York

My ex has a reported increase in income by $40,000 (40%), as a result of that an increased in expenses for my child, I am going back for a modification.

My question is,I would like to enroll my child in Private School (tuition is 8k/year - all in) but I'm wondering if the courts have him pay for a portion?

Long story short: I used to work 6am - 2 pm and my child's father used to assist with drop off an pick up during the week due to both of our inflexible work hours. Out of the blue he decided that he will only help on Mondays and and I have to make arrangements. I changed my hours to 8-4 however because I work an hour from the daycare I am always late to work and late to pick her up. As a result the daycare has offered aftercare solely for her but only until September. Also after he agreed to help on Mondays he left our child at daycare without any warning and I had to rush out of work to get her. He is completely unreliable.

We both live in Long Island and they do not offer free pre-k in either of our districts. School starts at 8am and pickup is promptly at 2:30pm with no aftercare provided. The only solution is a school in Queens where we work, however, since we live in Long Island you have to pay tuition to attend a city school no matter what.

Will the court see this as a reasonable argument? I'm a single mother with absolutely no help at all and after all of my research the only logical solution is private school with a relatively low tuition.


Modification of Support: Private School and an Increase in Income

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire