jeudi 26 avril 2018

Moving, Quitting, Seeking Unemployment

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California

I am looking for advice how to execute my resignation whilst qualifying for temporary EDD benefits. We are moving 90 miles away for the following reasons:

-Currently renting in high-rent area. Thomas fire caused additional rent inflation.
-Landlord recently raised rent 15%
-Current rent is steap but better than others in the area
-Inherited house from deseased family member (we will own our own home in new city)
-In laws all live in the new city
-My husbands job is transferring his position via tellecommute in new city
-Father in law has terminal prostate cancer 1-3 years, lives in new city

Are any of these reasons enough cause to voluntary quit?

How much information from the above should I provide to my current employer of 4 years? (They fight hard against EDD claims)

I am hoping to use unemployment to bridge the gap. I will and currently am actively seeking employment in new city. I have never been unemployed longer than a month. I am 35 years old.

Thanks in advance!


Moving, Quitting, Seeking Unemployment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire