vendredi 27 avril 2018

Rights for an ADA Accomodation

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: TN

I work for a large hotel, as a server in a sportsbar/restaurant.
I have been diagnosed with PTSD (resulting from being assaulted) and submitted a request for an accommodation more than 2 months ago. My request is to be moved to a different restaurant with a different environment. (There are 5 other restaurants in the hotel that are appropriate) The sportsbar is dark, loud, lots of people jumping up screaming, ect. Very anxiety provoking. I walked out of my job last week to go on personal leave of absence until they can find a place to move me to because I couldn't handle it anymore. I was so stressed out that my chest was hurting!
There are serving positions open in THREE of the other 5 restaurants.
What the company is offering me is a choice between two positions in room service - both of which are vastly different than what I do. One is a server position (comparable pay) that would have me delivering food to a guests room, unaccompanied. I am NOT comfortable with this! I can't go into a guests hotel room! The other is a cashier position (basically taking orders over the phone for room service) which pays probably less than half what I make now.

What are my rights to refuse the position they are offering me as not appropriate accommodation?


Rights for an ADA Accomodation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire