lundi 23 avril 2018

Criminal Records: Wal-Mart Shoplifting Civil Demand

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Louisiana

Hey guys. I think I have a pretty simple question. I shoplifted, embarrassingly, two condoms from Wal-Mart when I was 17. I was stupid and was to scared to buy them (I know, its dumb). Well they caught me at the door and took down my information. No police were involved at any point. But 2 weeks later I got a letter from then demanding $200 or they would pursue charges on me. I'm now 24 and I have an absolutely spotless record. This has been my only negative interaction ever with security and never had a bad interaction with law enforcement. Well now that I've graduated college with a degree in Criminal Justice, I was pursuing a law enforcement career. I paid them the $200 immediately, which is probably against any legal experts advice, because I just wanted to be done with the situation. After I paid, I never heard anything from them again. I was wondering if this is something that will show up on a background check when the department I apply to does their research on me or any other way, or are these civil matters usually handled in house and only in Walmarts information?


Criminal Records: Wal-Mart Shoplifting Civil Demand

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire