mardi 24 avril 2018

Agents and Brokers: Is What This Seller's Agent Did Legal

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Southern California

I spoke with the seller's agent. I asked him if they had any offers yet. He said yes. I asked how much. He said he couldn't disclose. The property was listed for $700K. I said, do you have offers for $800K? He said, oh no, it won't sell for that much, we have offers in the mid 700's. I said ok, we will be putting in a strong offer. We put in an offer for $775K, 3% initial deposit, no loan contingency, no appraisal contingency, $250K down payment. That night I noticed the property was delisted (not set to pending but delisted!). I immediately contacted the seller, he says he delisted it because he was getting too many offers. But that he would be submitting our offer to the seller and getting us a counter the next day. I don't hear back and so I call him mid-day and he says the seller went with another higher offer. Really? So first you say it won't go for anything near $800K, then you delist the property before accepting an offer, then you say you'll send me a counter but don't, and then you end up selling to someone else? Something sounds really fishy here. My question is, is what he did legal? We would have presented an $800K+ offer.


Agents and Brokers: Is What This Seller's Agent Did Legal

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire