mardi 24 avril 2018

Cleaning and Repairs: Claiming Damages and Holding Deposit

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Tennessee

We moved out of our apartment on 04/12/2018. We paid a $500 deposit before move in. Today 04/24/2018 I received an email titled "Final move out statement" claiming there were $494.00 in damages, $73.93 in final utilities, and a -$6.23 insurance credit for a total due of $61.70 in addition to them keeping the deposit. My wife went over to their office today to figure out what the damages were, being that we left the apartment in perfect condition and took pictures of it as such. They are claiming that there were pet odors in the carpet and wood laminate flooring. I assure you there were none and the only room with carpet was the bedroom which the dogs were never in. They claim they had to replace the carpet and seal the wood. They claim they did these repairs on 04/18/2018 prior to notifying us of any problems. They would not allow my wife to view the apartment to verify any work having been done and threatened to send us to collections if we didn't pay. I know there were no odors in the apartment, but I have no way to prove it and assuming that they did, in fact, do this work, I have no way to prove that it was necessary. Am I simply stuck with no recourse at their word or is some type of legal option necessary/needed? Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.


Cleaning and Repairs: Claiming Damages and Holding Deposit

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire