jeudi 26 avril 2018

Modification of Support: Do I Still Pay Child Support if Living with Child

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California

I got a divorce in Jan 2011 in California. Since that time, there has been only 1 year where I have not lived in the same house as my daughter and that was due to emergency medical reasons. Ex-wife claims child as dependent on taxes beginning in 2015 tax year.

We divorced for amicable reasons but all still live together. I secured a rental in January 2014 listing my daughter and ex-wife (custodial parent) on rental application. Before that we were living outside the country (Jan 2011 to Dec 2013). Ex-wife did not pay any rent until Jan 2015. It was all me.

One reason we still live together is neither of us can afford to get our own place and we prefer to have our daughter still grow up with both parents in household during her school years, and not some roommate. Nothing has changed except we now sleep separate rooms. My medical condition and her religious faith keep us away from looking for a new partner.

The reason this is coming up is my ex-wife (roommate) filed for welfare or healthcare support from the state. The state is now asking/demanding that ex-wife get support from me. Yet, I have lived with my daughter all this time. I have proof from my bank statement activity, lease agreement, belongings, etc.
What parent would legally be obligated to pay the other partner to live with their kid?

In regards to financials, she's actually earned more than me the last 3 years.

I cannot find the support amount either. It was marked off as reserved but the court has our incomes. My income is a lot lower the last few years than what was provided 7 years ago.

Am I still required to pay for child support? I have been saving money the last year to get my daughter a car.

I guess I need to get a child support modification order in California to get the other state off her back and make it retroactive?

Also, I just read that if someone hasn't paid child support for 2 years, it is a felony?

What do I need to do quickly?


Modification of Support: Do I Still Pay Child Support if Living with Child

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire