lundi 23 avril 2018

Repair and Maintenance: Landlord Demand for Damage on an Old Floor

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: New Jersey

We have lived here (New jersey) for 3 years and ensured the house is kept neat & clean. I gave the required notice period and asked to return the rental deposit.
We are about to vacate in few days and Landlord came for inspection and was demanding that we need to pay 500$ to sand & refinish the floor.

I don't mind paying for this, but given how easily the floor shows wear, I'd consider most of it wear & tear.
I think that a simple re-coating would fix most of the issues, without having to sand and refinish the floors. Moreover the floor is very very old and nails pop out and has hurted us many a times as well.

Also, I paid super to drill holes to wall Mount TV. He told us that we don't have to worry about holes and he will take care of it during our move as he is in charge. Now, I am worried he would demand charges for it. The landlord and the super are very arrogant and demanding and hence we are moving.
Need your expert advice on how I can save myself. Please the attached pictures.


Repair and Maintenance: Landlord Demand for Damage on an Old Floor

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire