jeudi 26 avril 2018

Business Disputes: Client Threatening to Sue Me and Never Officially Signed My Contract

My question involves business law in the state of: Texas.

I have a Consulting/PR business. I found a client last December who looked over my contract that states “no guarantee” of media placement. I sent it over with a 3 month commitment. They replied via email and asked for it to me one month. I said ok. They (2 business partners) replied that they agreed and would send over the signed contract and would be paying ASAP. They paid. I got to work.

Within 2 weeks they had an interview with a big network but they didn’t make it into the story when it aired. They were edited out unfortunately. They were angry. They wanted their money back.

They threatened to trash me on social media. So i offered to work an extra 30 days for free. I got them a radio interview. Then i got them a tv interview in California. They said they wouldn’t travel unless it was 100 percent sure they would get on the air and there would be no delays for the interview. I told them that i felt good about it but if there is an earthquake or breaking news ...anything can happen. But i think we will be fine. They said no.

They were angry. They wanted a full refund. I told them that i have been more than nice working for free! They said no. They will sue me. I said my contract says no guarantee. They said they never actually sent me the signed contract.

I went through my email and that’s right. I never received the signed agreement back. So now they said they are referring me to their lawyer. They want to sue me. They paid me 5k. They say they never actually sent the signed agreement so they want a full refund. They are in Tennessee.

Should i hire a lawyer? Or ignore their bluffs?


Business Disputes: Client Threatening to Sue Me and Never Officially Signed My Contract

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire