lundi 30 avril 2018

Is It Illegal to Threaten Legal Action to Collect a Personal Loan

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: California. I loaned an acquaintance who I considered a friend $200 3 weeks ago with the agreement that she would pay me back the following day through Zeille. Since then she has repeatedly lied and made excuses about repaying the debt. She is a foreign national who is on probation for a felony dog attack and threats made against her former neighbor. ICE took her into custody last year after her conviction and she is now released pending an immigration court hearing later this year. She's gay or bisexual and her girlfriend is a lawyer who is also representing her in her criminal cases (she also has a marijuana possession for sale conviction in the last year). Her convictions predate her involvement with the girlfriend lawyer. To top it off she is a prostitute who advertises herself on the internet. A google search of her alias or business phone number will bring up numerous hits confirming her ongoing endeavors in the sex industry. I have known her for 2 years not as a customer but as a former roommate and (I thought) friend.

If you're still with me here is my question: Is it in any way illegal for me to threaten to speak to her lawyer/girlfriend regarding her breach of the oral contract to repay me the $200? Furthermore, is it in any way illegal if I threaten to drop a dime and inform the DA and/or US immigration attorney about her ongoing illegal activities? I don't want to do any of these things but I have found that she is willing to burn our friendship to the ground rather than pay me back. It's a shame and I was stupid to trust her but I'm OK with ridding myself of her. Please do not answer unless you are directly answering my question. I don't need any smart alec BS replies thank you.


Is It Illegal to Threaten Legal Action to Collect a Personal Loan

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire