jeudi 29 septembre 2016

Suspension and Revocation: Htv and Expungement

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Indiana

I have several questions pertaining to having incurred a Habitual Traffic Violator status and what possible steps I might take to rescind that status and reinstate my license.

I plead guilty to an OWI charge last year, and, combined with at least 9 other moving violations in the state of Indiana, an HTV status seems to have been compulsorily issued through the BMV or traffic court. I have had no other serious violations, and the bulk of my violations were incurred between 2006-07 for speeding, disregarding a stop sign, making a U turn, not wearing a seat belt. If counting all violations back until 2005, I have incurred 12 including the OWI.

Am I able to file a motion to vacate or expunge violations on my own without paying my attorney to do so? If so, what motion would I file and what would be the best wording/manner to do so?

Would filing such a motion or in some other way pursuing an expungement of violations on my driving record render me ineligible for an expungement of the OWI in the future?

If I pursue an expungement of violations to my record on my own and fail, will that make me ineligible to seek recourse with an attorney?

If expungement on my own behalf is not possible, will pursuing a hardship license make me ineligible for a future expungement?

Understandably, this is a matter of great importance to me, as I am a small business owner and a father. I greatly appreciate any help and consideration in this matter, and thank you in advance for your response.


Suspension and Revocation: Htv and Expungement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire