lundi 26 septembre 2016

Business Issues: Forming New LLC During Lease

My question involves business law in the state of: Washington

I formed an LLC, then signed a 4 year lease with my landlord under my LLC name so that I could lease a warehouse to store all of my supplies (I knit and sew ladies' sweaters and sell them online).

After 6 months, I realized I ruined my LLC by unintentionally doing things wrong (like... comingling! sorry, I know better now), so executed a dissolution of my LLC last month.

This month, I formed a brand new fresh LLC, and asked my landlord to put the lease under my new LLC name. They said, "No problem, we amend leases for $750.00."

What?!?!! OUCH! $750.00?!? That's almost two months' earnings.

My question: are there any clever or crafty workarounds to this? Or do I really have to bite the bullet and give my landlord $750.00.

I know that to do things right, one should have their business facility under their LLC name... but do I have to bite the bullet and pay the $750.00 ?? In my current (unamended) lease under my old LLC name, there is a page at the end where the landlord holds me, under my Personal Name, personally liable (in case of LLC dissolution, or if the LLC runs out of money). Are there any crafty ways to NOT have to change my lease? Probably not, huh.


Business Issues: Forming New LLC During Lease

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire