jeudi 29 septembre 2016

Liens: Motorcycle Deal Gone Wrong

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: Oklahoma

Ok, so i went to go buy a motorcycle from this guy. He lived in Kansas, but used to live in Oklahoma (has an Oklahoma tribe title and plate) and I live in Ok. So when i was talking to him about it he kept wanting me to come up to Kansas and buy the bike then I can ride it back home and we will go to the bank (a local OK bank) together. But he didn't want to come to OK unless he knew he was going to sell it. I obviously wasnt going to do this, and eventually he decides to bring it down.

We meet at his bank, and he unloads it out of his truck and everything, the bike checks out, so we go into the bank, verify he has the loan and we are about to do the deal and he pulls out his paperwork and the title isn't there. So i wasn't going to pay him for the vehicle without the title of course, especially because he was being sketchy about it. So i decide i will give him half the money ($2500) and hold the bike, and when he gets the title and lien release i will pay him the rest. He says he is going to have the title mailed to my house since he was bouncing around while in town for a few days visiting friends. I thought this was fair because if he didn't come through i could at least get my money back from parting out the bike.

Well he doesnt respond all weekend and i just sent him a message asking him to tell me his intentions because if he doesnt intend to give me the title, im going to part the bike out to get my money back. He finally responds and we get into it and i offer to give him the bike back for my money back. We meet at the police station and he tried to take possession of the bike without paying me, I show the cops that notarized bill of sale we have where i have already given him half the money and the bike is going to remain in my possession till he gets me the title, he refuses to get off the bike and the cops dont want to step in because it is a civil issue. He tells me i should have gotten the title already and he is worried i wont be giving him the rest of the money. I called and the title was tried to be delivered but req a sig, and so they didnt leave it. I just decide to give him the rest of the money, and hope he goes and pays off the lien. ( i know this was a mistake, but i didnt know what else to do since the cops werent really helping.)

Well i went and got the title the next day, and it is signed, but not notarized, and in OK they req titles to be notarized. My mom is a notary and was there with me at the police station, and said if she has to she will notarize the title, but i dont want to put her in that position, because this guy is obviously a bad dude, and might just try and get my mom in trouble for that. I message the guy and he basically tells me to F off. The police did file a report and said that i did pay him in full, and now i completely own the bike. So i'm almost certain i can just take the police report, with the notarized bill of sale, and go to court and the judge will award the title to me, but if someone could confirm this that would be great.

But anyways, so now i have this bike, i have the title that's even signed, but not notarized. He has the money, but there is still a lien. The tags are still good for 11 more months. He got the loan on the bike last month (i assume to try and flip it, it had been wrecked previously (clean title still) and i assume he fixed it up to sell). He was also driving a pretty nice truck ($30k+) that he said he also had a loan with the same bank through. So i think he is going to pay off the lien, but i DOUBT he will pay it off quickly. I called the banker and she said he could just make payments if he wanted. She couldnt tell me any specifics about the loan, but im assuming probably a 3 year lien. If he does just hold out and make min payments till its paid off, I dont know if i can go to court and have the judge award the title to me while there is a lien on it? If i don't now, but do in say a year or two when the bike is finally paid off, will i have to pay fee's since i didnt put the title into my name within 30 days of the sale?

What other legal options do i have? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.


Liens: Motorcycle Deal Gone Wrong

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire