vendredi 30 septembre 2016

Service Providers: Invalid Debit Card Withdrawals by Dtv

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: TEXAS

My situation is lengthy, so bear with me. Here is a copy of the letter I sent them.



There were four withdrawals that were made by DirecTV from my bank account using my debit

card that should not have been made. I did not catch these charges until recently. The

withdrawals were made over a four month period: November 27, 2013, December 27, 2013,

January27, 2014, and February 27, 2014. There were two withdrawals made by DirecTV on

each of these four months. There were 2 withdrawals made by DirecTV in each of these four

months. The first withdrawal made in the first week or so of each month is valid and is for the

correct amount. All of the additional withdrawals that should not have been made by DirecTV

were made on the 27th of each of the above stated four months. Also, I am not certain on

DTV's policy, but I assume that account withdrawals are made only once a month.

I notated these 8 withdrawals in the left column of my bank statements. I have included these

statements to verify that DirecTV errantly made these charges.

When I spoke to the DirecTV billing representatives about this, I was told that DirecTV had no

record of these transactions in my account records. However, my bank statements show that

these withdrawals WERE made. The fact that there is no record of these transactions being

made on my account leads me to believe that my debit card was possibly used on ANOTHER

account, not mine, to pay someone else's bill, also. It seems that this could easily be checked

by DirecTV by running a search of my card number to see where my card was used elsewere,

not just on my account. My debit card number used is , xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx.

The withdrawals by DirecTV that should not have been made are listed below. They are also

marked on my included bank statements.

November 27, 2013 – $252.00
December 27, 2013 – $146.68
January 27, 2014 – $105.86 (This withdrawal caused my account to be overdrawn and I
incurred a $25 overdraft fee.)
February 27, 2014 – $72.18
TOTAL = $601.72

Please review these details and reimburse me for these errant withdrawals. Prompt attention to

this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

(I RECIEVED THE FOLLOWING RESPONSE.)

Dear _____ _______,

We apologize for any inconvenience, as we are unable to refund any transactions over 6

months old. As a friendly reminder, if you find unauthorized charges on your bank or credit card

statement please report them to the merchant in a timely manner so they are more easily able

to assist you in getting the funds returned.


Sincerely,

DIRECTV



It seems to me that the overcharges are not merely a 'refund', like for merchandise, or services

rendered. These over-payments are actually 4 thefts from my bank account by DTV. By the

definition they gave me, I would be out of luck even if the overcharges had been for

$10,000.00 each! Had I contacted them 7 months after the errant charges were made, I would

have been out of luck. I don't think this is the way a judge would see it! Yes, it's been over 2

years since these charges were made, but i have the bank statements to prove it. If I owed

them, i would be held liable for 7 years, the amount of time it would be on my credit report I

believe they are responsible for these charges. Please give me any opinions on this matter.

Thanks.


Service Providers: Invalid Debit Card Withdrawals by Dtv

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire