vendredi 30 septembre 2016

Defamation: Is My Manager Calling Me a Liar and Through Text Message

My question involves defamation in the state of: WA.

I gave my 2 week notice last Friday 9/23 to dedicate my time and energy to my startup company. My manager didn’t meet with me to do a proper transition until last night (9/29) by email. But also I got this disturbing text message from his cell phone number.

“Your brother was not really kidnapped, right? It just occurred to me to ask given the time demands of a startup! It sounded so unusual at the time that now I am really curious to know. Thanks, Sean”

Some context: In April of this year, my brother was kidnapped for 11 days in Mexico City. For people in the U.S. it’s like a story coming out of a movie. In Mexico, it happens, and a lot. My manager and CEO of my current job knew about this since day one and I kept them informed throughout the situation as it happened. This text message I got from him truly disturbed me. I think the majority of the people have no idea of what it is to go through something like this and how this can affect an entire family.

I didn't respond to his message and I am looking for some advice. Thanks all!
AleCS


Defamation: Is My Manager Calling Me a Liar and Through Text Message

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire