jeudi 29 septembre 2016

Auto Insurance: Unable to Total My Vehicle After an Additional Problem Was Found After Repairs

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Tennessee/South Carolina.

Situation: I hit a deer in TN, but my Insurance/Tags on the vehicle is for South Carolina. And I'm not sure which state would have total jurisdiction of said vehicle. My vehicle is a Chevrolet Impala Lt 2013. The insurance quoted the vehicle to be worth at $9,900.00. The damage was severe enough to where I'm now stuck in TN waiting on repairs. The vehicle s fully covered, $500.00 deductible. The original price for repairs were $7,100, but my insurance stepped in and brought it down to $6,700 with what they call "Recycled Parts." My insurance has a maximum of 75% of original car value, in this case it would be $7,425.00 to total out. Now, It's been in the shop for about 2 weeks doing the repairs that were necessary, albeit rather slowly. Today I was supposed to go down there and pick the vehicle up and pay the deductible to close out the claim. BUT, they have found a new problem. During the test drive, they realized that something is wrong with my airbag system. As of right now, they're unsure if it's just faulty wiring or if the entire thing needs to be replaced. Hypothetically speaking as of right now, is it wrongful for them to refuse to total the vehicle if these second repairs push the total cost over the $7,425.00? They had told me that since they've already done the other repairs, that this "new" problem won't be added onto the past estimate. I asked how this problem was overlooked, and they had admitted that they never looked into it, and it is from the damages involving the deer collision, which lets me know it's under the same claim. Do I have the right to refuse the car if these second repairs go over the estimated total out cost because of their mistake of overlooking a problem? Or am I just going to be another "Insurance Victim?"


Auto Insurance: Unable to Total My Vehicle After an Additional Problem Was Found After Repairs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire