jeudi 29 septembre 2016

Liens and Encumbrances: Closing Completed but No Signature on Loan Agreement

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Texas. The bank we went through advertises they would pay $5000 in closing fees (title work being part of this). The house we wanted was for sale by owner. The lady said she would not pay for her share of the title insurance. I told her it was a deal breaker for her to pay her share of the closing if our bank would not pay. I called the bank and they said they would pay it. When negotiating the loan rate they said I had the better score and would go by my interest rate. After we went through hiring a home inspection, setting up insurance etc, we were told by the bank they would go by my partners credit score which meant a higher interest rate. We were to close to closing, had already given the landlord we would be moving the next week and he had sold the property so we had to be out. So we didn't have time to check with other banks because the pressure was on from the seller and landlord so we had to settle with the interest rate. When we got to the closing table apparently neither the title company or the bank paid attention to the contract and they had charged the lady for the standard closing title costs. She didn't sign until the numbers were adjusted. Our appt. was an hour later. They told us we needed more money than we had brought due to this but we should sign anyways. I said no, not until the bank agrees to pay. The title company called the bank and they came in and said the bank said they would pay it, but I would need $250 more. I said no, if the bank is paying it then my closing amount stays the same. Come to find out the bank refused to pay it. I said then the deal is off, I won't sign. The next day they said they fixed it and adjusted the numbers. (Apparently the title company had taken the loss.) We have been here a week. We received the deed in the mail yesterday. Today we received an email from the bank saying the loan agreement was not signed at the closing. Can we renegotiate the interest rate now before we sign? I know it sounds unethical, but the bank hasn't been very forthcoming. (At the very least I think they should sweat for a day or 2.)


Liens and Encumbrances: Closing Completed but No Signature on Loan Agreement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire