jeudi 29 septembre 2016

Sales Agreements: Purchased a Car With Clean Title, But It Was Previously Salved in Another State

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: North Carolina:
(Stupidly) I bought a used car with "clear NC title" without VIN check and found out when insuring that it was a salvaged in Virginia. The seller DID disclose to NC. It was "rebuilt" but got clear title somehow (by mistake I was told). Anyway I'd like to know if the seller of a 2003 car was required to show me the MVR-181 even though the title was clear. I'm trying to get a copy of this from NC but it might be a moot point if the car's age made it unnecessary to disclose (especially with a clear NC title). The last Virginia title history said "repaired" and on the right side said "this vehicle was damaged and subsequently rebuilt". Anyway, he checked NO at box "has been reconstructed a salvage vehicle" on the title... which was incorrect because in 2004 the vehicle was declared VEHICLE DECLARED SALVAGE BY INSUR COM. VEHICLE WAS DAMAGED LESS THAN 90 PERCENT.

I might be wasting my time but he supposedly notarized a MVR-181 but was he required to show me this EVEN if the title was clear? (he KNEW it was damaged but he's using the clear NC title (mistake) to say he didn't know it was required... any thoughts would be appreciated!

:confused:


Sales Agreements: Purchased a Car With Clean Title, But It Was Previously Salved in Another State

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire