mardi 27 septembre 2016

Rent and Utilities: Can a Landlord Make Me Pay Electric when Lease Says It's Included

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California

I signed a lease on 9/20, with a clause written in by the on-site property manager, that the electricity would be covered as part of the rent, under the terms of the lease. The corporation that owns the complex is coming back, a week later, and demanding that I place the electricity into my name, even though the local utility says it's a commercial meter and not a residential meter, which prompted the entire debate to begin with.

Do I have a leg to stand on, to resist this demand? In addition, I have been provided a copy of the page with the handwritten clause crossed out, by the on-site manager, and I still have my original copy, with both sets of signatures from when the lease was signed.


Rent and Utilities: Can a Landlord Make Me Pay Electric when Lease Says It's Included

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire