jeudi 29 septembre 2016

Heirs and Beneficiaries: Oil Royalties in the Estate

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Texas

My Grandmother passed away September 29, 2006 and her will stated that My Dad did not get anything and his brother got Everything and was named Executor of the estate with his wife the 2nd instead of my father.

on January 11, 1995, a change was made to the Will bequeathing the oil and gas royalty interests to my Dad.

My uncle was named independent executor of the estate at the time of her death, he did not transfer the oil royalties over to my Dad for a year following my grandmother's death and instead kept receiving the oil royalty revenue. In Approximately January of 1996, my Dad called the oil companies to inquire why he was not receiving the oil royalty payments and was told the checks had been mailed to my grandmother's estate and in the hands of my uncle, who had received everything else. My grandmother's estate was farm land in Dimmit, Dumas and Jester Oklahoma, a lake house and numerous bonds and CD's.

My questions is how would I find out how much oil money my uncle recieved from the time of my grandmother's death until my Dad called the oil company and got his first check. And, is the executor responsible for transfering things such as royalties?



Thank


Heirs and Beneficiaries: Oil Royalties in the Estate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire