vendredi 30 septembre 2016

Defenses to Eviction: Given a Notice to Quit After Complying With a Garnishment Order

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Oregon

I was served a writ of garnishment on an unpaid landlord’s debt. I sent the rent check as directed on the writ and now the landlord has sent me a termination of rental and wants me out in 60 days. On top of that the landlord has sent me a notice saying my rent was not paid and is adding a late fee.

When I first contacted the landlord about the writ, she told me the garnishment was taken care of by her attorney and that if I don't pay her the rent she would evict me. I paid her the rent that month, but the collection agency threaten to hold me liable if I again ignore the writ of garnishment. This month I sent the rent check to the collection agency and the landlord terminated the rental and is demanding her rent and late fee. I did mail the filled out writ to the courthouse, to the collection agency and to the landlord as directed in the writ.

Can the landlord kick me out because she can’t paid her bills and come after me for the rent I sent to the collecting agency?

Thank you for any help.


Defenses to Eviction: Given a Notice to Quit After Complying With a Garnishment Order

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire