mercredi 28 septembre 2016

Speeding Tickets: Contest Speeding Ticket in School Zone

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I was driving to college and at around 8:20 AM I was cited as going 41 mph in a school zone, yet the sign says "25 mph when children are present," my dashcam had issues but my cousin was in front of me at the time, and after watching the footage there wasn't any children around the area. I've read stuff before posting and saw that California Vehicle Code 22352(b) states that the 25 mph limit applies when the school grounds is NOT enclosed by a fence, so I double checked google maps and the school I drove past has fences separating the school from the street. I also checked the bell schedule of the school I passed and class doesn't start in about 20 minutes, is that too close to class time?

The dashcam footage showed the officer sitting on his motorcycle nearby the school, and I passed him when going to college, but he didn't pull me over until about 2-3 streetlights ahead, is that normal or did he possibly mistake me for someone else?

I believe the school zone limit should not have been enforced at the time (no kids, fenced off), and I'm fairly certain the officer was in the wrong, but I'm not sure if it's worth contesting if traffic school is an option (I'm trying to save money atm). The street itself has a limit of 40 mph and apparently I was going 41, is there a chance it's wrong (he used LIDAR) or can I argue presumed speed limit since it was a clear day and there wasn't too much traffic?


Speeding Tickets: Contest Speeding Ticket in School Zone

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire