vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Use and Enforcement: Water Meter is Shared by Two Houses

My question involves an easement in the state of: Arkansas

My uncle died 3 months ago. For at least 20 years before his death, the water provided for his home was piped in from a T-connection that branched off of the water line going to my house.These are two separate deeded estates, his and mine, that are right next to each other. His place never had a water meter---we just split the bill every month, no problems, for years.

Upon his death, his estate was of course inherited by his daughter, who decided to use it as a rental property. This puts me in the position of providing water for her tenants, and maintaining the line to her rental. I've already had to address and fix leaks, caused largely by tenant carelessness, several times. Since the water comes from my meter, if I don't stay on top of this, I'm afraid I will have a water bill some month for hundreds of dollars due to a broken line that no one tells me about.

Am I legally obligated to keep providing water to this home? I would like the new owner to install her own line and meter, but she says she can't afford it. Also, if she installs a new line and meter, am I obligated to give her a utility easement across my place? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.


Use and Enforcement: Water Meter is Shared by Two Houses

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire