vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Auto Insurance: Cancelled Insurance Demanding Payment for Additional Fees on Closed Policy

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Georgia [ and Alabama]
I was informed in the beginning of May that, because I was now living in Alabama, I had to up my monthly fee by $200ish a month, effective in June, when I renewed my policy. So I cancelled the policy the end of May, and sent proof of cancellation.
Now they're claiming I owe the extra $200ish a month for MAY, because I had their coverage for Alabama, even tho they TOLD me it wouldn't until June that the charges would commence. - I even have them on recording agreeing with me that yes, I was told the charges wouldn't kick in until June, but that because I had insurance in May, they charged me the $200.
I'm on tape saying that I was misled, because if I had known that I would have cancelled RIGHT THEN, and they AGREE with me that there was miscommunication, but STILL demand I pay. I already spoke to a 'senior representative'. They're the ones telling me this.
I don't feel it's right they should be able to mislead me, tell me REPEATEDLY when I cancelled that there would be no additional fees and I was good to go, then LOSE my paperwork and force me to RE-prove I cancelled, and THEN claim I owe additional money I was Misinformed about. Is there anything I can do about this ?


Auto Insurance: Cancelled Insurance Demanding Payment for Additional Fees on Closed Policy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire