jeudi 30 juillet 2015

Custody and Visitation Issues: Ex Wants to Go Back to Court Because My Phone Was Off for 3 Hours

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Tennessee , South Carolina, Michigan

So I have been having my summer visits every 2 weeks for 2 weeks at a time (total 6 weeks) It is supposed to be 1 week on 1 week off but mom scheduled her vacation during my week so her solution was to switch to 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. so things are pretty good, but in the last 2 weeks there were a couple times that I didn't answer my phone in a timely manner. the first time I was helping a friend paint a deck and my phone was in my car and the second time it was off but I didn't realize so it was like 3 hours. Point is though she was able to get ahold of me and she was able to talk to our daughter. (she talks to her every day when she is with me) I have never tried to keep her from talking to her. Well, now she says she is taking me back to court...our original order is in Michigan, she has now been in TN for a little over a year and I live in SC. She says she is taking me to court in TN and they will take away all the visitation MI gave me ( she says that I did something to make the courts in MI give me the amount of visits I have , even though she had a lawyer and I did not(about 90 overnights a year) and TN will not let me take my daughter longer than a week at a time from now on because of her age. (she will be 6 in may) .

I fought really hard to get the visitation schedule I have and I am wondering if she can get my visitation reduced because I didn't answer my phone in a timely manner. the court order states that liberal phone calls are allowed on both sides. Our order will be a year old in October and as far as I know she hasn't yet filed to move the case to TN. I haven't received any such paperwork anyways.

so should I be worried?

Oh, another thing... one time my daughter was crying that she missed her mom when they were on the phone together and my ex was livid that I allowed her to get so sad and that it isn't right that she missed her so much. she said it was my fault. I explained to her that 95% of the time she is perfectly fine and that right after getting off the phone with her she was perfectly fine but again she threatened court.


Custody and Visitation Issues: Ex Wants to Go Back to Court Because My Phone Was Off for 3 Hours

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire