jeudi 30 juillet 2015

Expenses: Regarding Uncovered Medical Expenses and Cosmetic Dentistry

My question involves child support in the State of: Michigan

My daughters mom contacted me the other day requesting that I pay for my 12 y/o daughter to get braces because she has gaps between her teeth. I normally would be fine with that but she doesn't have my daughter brush her teeth or visit the dentist regularly which would mean the braces would be a complete waste of money if she doesn't make her take care of her teeth normally. Its in the custody paperwork that I'm responsible for 90% of uncovered medical expenses. She brought this up as a threat saying since I don't take my daughter every weekend to give her kid free weekends to party she was going to have the dentist charge her 100% of the bill instead of having it covered by her dental insurance that way she could send the bill to friend of the court and make me give her 90% of the cost back. My lawyer fees during our support/custody were expensive so he only covered the support portion of the proceedings. There is no parenting time agreement, its just what is agreeable to the parties. I'm paying max support that isn't calculated on the typical every other weekend deduction. She told me she doesn't want our daughter around my stepson because they don't get along and that its my responsibility to rent a hotel room every weekend to take our daughter so she can do whatever she wants. Because I'm not doing that, she said she will purposefully find ways to make me pay more until I do. Currently I take her for a weekend out of the month relying on friends to allow me to stay there since she isn't allowed at my house because of my stepson (prior to that it was every other weekend and all summer break like a typical custody agreement). It makes it very tough to do especially since I also have a two year old with my current wife that needs my attention too. I know I have a lot of issues going on and I'm not sure how to address them all. Thank you for your time.

My main questions are, Is cosmetic dentistry considered a "medical" expense? Can she refuse to have the procedure covered by her dental insurance to make me pay for the whole procedure? Do I have a right to request that she get estimates from other qualified dentists to determine that she is being charged appropriately (she refuses to get estimates from any other dentists because she "likes" this one)?

Side note: I also pay $157 a week from my employer for her health insurance (previous years I covered her dental insurance but this year my employer dropped that coverage and only offers health insurance), her mom pays $10 a week for her dental insurance. I believe the 90% of uncovered medical expenses is slightly unfair in comparison to expenses paid.


Expenses: Regarding Uncovered Medical Expenses and Cosmetic Dentistry

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire