mardi 28 juillet 2015

Driver's License Applications: A Multi-State Question on Drivers Licenses You Haven't Heard Yet (I Looked) with Duis

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Oklahoma.

First off, I have been sober for more than 3 years.

I currently have a valid Oklahoma Drivers License. I have had it for 20 years, and I maintain a residence there.

I had 2 DUIs in Texas, a month apart, just over 3 years ago. I had one almost 10 years ago - in Texas. I have never had a license in either of those states.

I have dealt with the NDR list. I am not on it as of today. All fines have been paid, and I am clear in both those states, I did the IID for 2 and a half years, and successfully completed probation (both states have issued "clearance letters").

Yesterday, I went to the Missouri Drivers license place (I have a residence here as well) and they looked at "the system" and informed me that I have a "10 Year Denial".

Today, I was able to renew my Oklahoma License.

My question is this:

Will I now have to deal with a future "NDR List Entry" from Missouri? Have they effectively suspended my license for the next 7-8 years for merely applying in Missouri?

Yes. I pay income and property taxes in both states.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, the lady at the DMV looked at me really nice, and let me see the screen... It showed my 3 "incidents" (looked like a mainframe terminal) and at the bottom, it showed "APPLICANT HAS 10 YEAR DENIAL" and the date I would be eligible to apply for a license (8 years in the future from the date of the actual conviction).

Earlier in the day, they told me there was an NDR pointer, and that I had to have it removed (due to a 6 year old speeding ticket in a completely different state). The 3 alcohol incidents only showed up later in the day when I went back to bring a clearance letter from that state (they stated I was clear on the NDR as well - and emailed me a clearance letter).

Is the terminal screen she was looking at the actual data from the NDR? If so, how was I able to get my licensed renewed in another state today? Very worried. I thought this was all taken care of.


Driver's License Applications: A Multi-State Question on Drivers Licenses You Haven't Heard Yet (I Looked) with Duis

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire